Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pretty/Trippy



While I was hustling my T's at the Young Designer's Market a tall attractive straight man walked by wearing one of the coolest shirts I'd ever seen. I didn't know what the design was exactly...a sperm whale? a cobra? When I finally had the guts to make my friend Shannon ask for for his picture he impolitely refused and told me to look up the artist, his 'friend' Si Scott.



Even though he was rude, or maybe I was rude, can't quite recall, I'm glad I got the guy's name. Si Scott's work has been weaving in and out of the new neaveau aesthetic of the twenty first century. Amazingly, all of the work is hand drawn, but looks like it was done on the sexiest Mac in the universe.

Check out his work at http://www.siscottstudio.com

My personal favorite is the True Love Swan. Goes to show that not all of today's commercial or gallery art is digital or spray painted on a brick wall. Thank god there are people willing to go blind for their art form!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I found this blog randomly, but I enjoy how thought provoking your words are. I hope you update soon.wedding jackets Christian Louboutin Shoes Mother Of Bride